To make the visit a positive and memorable experience:
(1) Read Simon Sails to La Louisiane to students to introduce the LaSalle
(2) Read part, if not all, of Massacre Island to the students. Then they will
be able to relate to the events Iím describing.
(3) Have students write down questions they want to ask during the Q/A
(4) Exemplify the behavior you expect of the students during the
presentation. If you are attentive, the students are more likely to be also.
(5) Expect to have fun as you learn more about Alabama History.
(6) Invite parents or friends from the community. They will also enjoy it.
MEET THE AUTHOR Packet:
(1) Author Visit
(2) A brochure
(3) A Black Swans Book order form
(4) A Seacoast Publishing Co. order form - Alabama Roots
(5) A form letter to parents if your school chooses to make the books
available to teachers and students
(6) A sample schedule
(7) A picture of the author on Massacre Island
(8) A book cover of Simon Sails to La Louisiane
(9) A page describing the two books (for advertisement)